Dec 15, 2013

Travel Diary Iran 2013 - Day 12 (Tehran)

I had only half day as I had to fly to Shiraz in the afternoon. I started the day in the Grand Bazar of Tehran, and visited Emam mosque. After that went past Shamsol-emareh Palace again, which is just a few hundred meters from the Bazar entrance. I continued walking a few kilometer, about 30 minutes or so to get to the Sar-dare Baghe Melli and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Both historical buildings from early Pahlavi era.
The ministry buiding is a smaller copy of the Apadana Palace in Persepolis and Susa and therefore very interesting.


Emam Mosque,
 Emam mosque in the Tehran Grand Bazar (Masjed-e Shah until the Islamic Revolution)

Shamsol Emareh
Shamsol Emareh Palace from Nasser Khosrow street, part of the Golestan Palace compound from Qajar era.

Sar Dar-e Bagh-e Melli
Sar dar-e Bagh-e Melli (Meydan-e Mashq) from early Pahlavi era by the order of Reza Shah Pahlavi.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a copy of the Apadana Palace of Persepolis and Susa .

Time was now short and I decided to start moving towards the airport, but on my way I decided to stop by the Tehran City Theater, situated in the a Danesh-jou Park, a cultural center with a unique architecture.

Tehran City Theater

The theater is in a very nice park with a cafe there you can drink beverages or get some ice cream in a green harmonious environment. After this visit and the ice cream I had to head to the airport. On my way to the airport I did a last stop at Azadi square, the most famous landmark of Tehran. 
Azadi (former Shahyad)
This was the last I saw in Tehran for this time.

All the visited places can be seen as 360 degrees VR panormas at "stockholm360.net/list.php?id=tehran".

No comments:

Post a Comment